Pinewood Derby Wheels
Click here for our Speed Wheels for Awana® Races
Some of our wheels are now available in red, orange and yellow.
Thise are still official pinewood derby wheels and are the same as our black wheels.
Only the color has changed.
Use our Prepared Pinewood Derby Wheels for greater speed
The wheels that come in your kit have imperfections that prevent your car from going as fast as it could. We offer a variety of prepared wheels with these imperfections removed.
- Matched Wheels - These wheels all come from the same mold. We also remove the step from the outer hub to reduce friction.
- Lightly Sanded Wheels - The outside surface (tread) of the wheel is lightly sanded to remove high spots and make the wheel more round. This reduces the tendency of the car to bounce as it goes down the track. The outer hub step is removed.
- Lathed Wheels - The outside surface of the wheel is smoothed so that the wheel is perfectly round. The shape of the wheel is not altered. The outer hub step is removed. The result is a smooth rolling car with minimum friction.
- Lite Wheels - The outside surface of the wheel is smoothed and material is removed from the inside of the wheel to make the wheel lighter. A lighter wheel reduces rolling inertia and allows more weight to be added to the rear of the car where it will do the most good.
- Outlaw Wheels - Thin wheels precision cut to be round and balanced and they are very light. Not legal in most races but these wheels are very fast.
Check the details for each wheel to see which are legal in your race.
Details about our Wheel Accessories
Axle Polishing Kit
Jonathan used our Ultra Lite Wheels and Graphite Coated Polished Grooved Axles
to beat the scoutmaster's son... who hadn't lost a pinewood derby race in 3 years
.... and was pack champion, winning 11 of his 12 races.
I just wanted thank you for your speedy shipping and great pinewood derby gear.
I won the adult division. i highly recommend the thin speed wheels they are great.
thanks again... John S.
Ryan used our Lathed and Matched Red Wheels and Graphite Coated Grooved Axles to win First Place in his pinewood derby race. Very unusual car design.
Clarke Kingsley came third in his den and got to the grand final
using our graphite coated polished axles and lightly sanded wheels
Just thought I would send yall some info. about the product I ordered. I bought a set of Pro Ultra Lite BSA Wheel's and some graphite covered bsa axles. Everything worked wonderful. I only had one problem which was actually my fault. while putting on the final wheel axle set my hand slipped and dented the wheel and cracked it slightly. Your product is so good though that my son still ended up with first place(den), grand champion(pack), and third overall out of two cub scout packs and one girl scout pack. I have enclosed a pic also of him holding his two trophies... Jonathan C.
Awana is a Registered Trademark of Awana Clubs International