How to add Racing Stripes
Follow these easy steps to add racing stripes to your Pinewood Derby Car
***Before You Start ***
Your car should have its final coat of paint but not a clear coat.
The clear coat should be added after the racing stripes.
Your car should be clean of all dirt and dust.
1. Make small marks on the car where the stripes will go.
2. Select the stripe that you want to use and lift one end off of the backing paper.
3. Position one end of the stripe on the car and hold it down with a finger.
4. Keep the stripe tight and place the other end on the car. Run your finger over the stripe to attach it to the car. Cut any excess length with a scissors.
5. Continue with the other stripes.
6. We recommend coating the car with a clear gloss finish to protect the paint and stripes from scratches and other damage.