Pinewood Derby Practice Track Instructions
Follow these easy steps to put your practice track together.
You will be up and running in a few minutes.
1. Place the track sections end to end on the floor - right side up - where you want the final location of the track to be.
2. Two connectors are included with each track ordered. These are used to fasten the tracks together.
4. Push the rest of the connector down on the track edge starting at the side that you started in step 3. Attach another connector to the other side of the track using the same method. Repeat for the rest of the track. 3. Center one of the connectors over a track joint then slide one end of the connector on the track edge.
5. Ideally, you should support each track joint with a box or our track stand. As an alternative, you can strengthen one of the joints with the two extra connectors supplied with your track.
6. To strengthen a joint, turn the track over at the joint that you want to strengthen. Insert the two connectors in the two lips in the bottom of the track. This joint does not need to be supported.
7. Raise one end of the track and slide boxes or our track stand under. Position the boxes so they support each of the track joints that have not been strengthened in step 6.
8. It is a good idea to place a soft pillow or our track break at the end of the track to stop the car.
For a more permanent installation, you can mount the track on a wood support. Drill holes in the center of the track and fasten it to the wood with screws. Use three or four washers under track at each screw point as shown to prevent the track from warping.