Rules for a LEGO Race
Here are suggestions for rules that you can use at your LEGO race.
- Weight limit of 2.5 oz. - Heavy cars are faster so all the cars should weigh the same for a fair race.
- Racers have 5 minutes between races to modify their cars.
- If, during a race, a car leaves the track, the race will be restarted.
- If, during a race, no car reaches the finish line on the track, the car which went the farthest in its lane shall be declared as the winner of that race.
- A racer cannot have more than one car.
- No piece on a car can extend to the side past the wheels.
- No piece on a car can extend in front of or behind the frame.
- The wheels cannot be placed so that they extend in front of or behind the frame.
- No wheels other than the wheels supplied with the car can be used.
- No moving parts can be attached to the car.
- Only the supplied oil can be used to lubricate the car.
- No racer can touch another racer's car.
- The race judge has the final say on which car reached the finish line first.