Graphite Machined Pinewood Derby Axles
Graphite Machined AxlesFOR THE ULTIMATE IN SPEED
These stainless steel axles are machined perfect. The axles then go through our special machine polishing for a super smooth, mirror-like finish. You don't need to do anything with these axles. They are ready to race!
Exact dimensions as the official BSA axles. They fit AWANA Grand Prix too!
These axles look very similar to the axles that come in your kit although the stainless steel gives them a slightly different coloring.
Our special process coats the axle with an even layer of high grade graphite. The graphite is bonded to the axle so it will last many races. Our tests have shown no reduction in speed after more than 20 races!
The outside head of the axle is not coated with graphite although there may be some overspray. A light polishing will remove any graphite from the head.
For even more speed, add loose graphite (Tube-O-Lube or Hob-E-Lube) between the axle and wheel before mounting the axles on the car. Liquid lubricants are not recommended with these axles.
Select from two styles
Axle Without Grooves
Ready to go
- No burrs, scratches or ridges.
- Just put them on your car and you are ready to go.
Better than hand polished!
- Machined to be perfectly round and straight.
- Stainless steel gives a super smooth.
- Machine polished to a mirror-like finish.
- Tapered head so only a small amount is rubbing on the wheel
- Axles are machined perfectly round and straight for optimal performance
Axle with Grooves
All of the features as our Axle without grooves but with the following additional benefits:
- Axle groove in middle of wheel results in less
contact between axle and wheel for even lower friction.
- Groove holds graphite to keep your car running fast for several races.
All of the axles on this page are also available with our exclusive graphite coating. The graphite is bonded to the axle and will last for more than 20 races.