Pinewood Derby Car Decal Instructions
Instructions for applying our "Stick On" decals on your Pinewood Derby car
Note: These instructions are for our acrylic paint.
The procedure for painting your car may vary for a different paint.
1. The decals work best on a smooth surface so it is important to use the proper procedure when painting your car. First, sand the block with a sandpaper grit of between 80 and 300 until it feels smooth and all rough areas are removed.
2. Give your car one light coat of paint.
3.When the paint has dried (about 2 hours), lightly sand again until the block feels smooth.
4.Give the car two more coats of paint. Let dry for at least one hour between coats. Don't sand.
5. The decals are pre-cut. Select the decal that you want to use and lift it off of the sheet.
6. Position the decal on your pinewood derby car. Press it onto the car with your finger.
7. It is a good idea to give the car a coat of clear paint to protect the decals and give your car an extra shine.
Details about our Pinewood Derby Car decals