Axle Sandpaper for Your Pinewood Derby Car
Pinewood Derby Car Axle Sandpaper Kit
This kit includes:
- Two stripes of #400 sandpaper
- Two stripes of #1200 sandpaper
Each kit contains enough sandpaper to polish 8 axles.
Note: Before using this sandpaper, use a small file to
remove the burr and crimp marks from the axles.
1. Insert the axle into a drill. Leave at least ½” of axle exposed.
3. Dip the sandpaper strip into a glass of water.
4. Hold each end of the strip with each hand.
5. Use about 1/2” of new paper to sand the axle for about 15 seconds at low speed.
6. Repeat using the #1200 sandpaper (no red mark on
7. Remove the axle from the drill and dry with a soft cloth.